Monday, March 8, 2010

Road Respect

Dear Bikes,

You are wondrous inventions with a still untapped potential. Your seemingly endless possibility for functional design and aesthetic styling will never cease to amaze us. Even your spandex-clad riders command an unquestioned respect in the fitness world. It is after great contemplation and with heavy heart that we make a simple request: if there is enough room on the road to be a bike, please be a bike. You are not a car. You will never be a car so stay out of my way. Cars have engines. Cars have power. It is sexy to pick up your date in a nice car. It is not sexy to ride a bike to your date unless you are 14 and have pegs so she can stand on them. Listen Bikes, I don't want to get into this right now. Bottom line, please quit riding 20 mph where I'm supposed to be driving 45, and I'll stay out of the bike lane.

All the best,
Me and my Mazda 3.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Jeff gets so worked up about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-FREAAKING-MEN.Death to all bikes who think they are cars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get like a million bikes on the road by my house and it drives me insane when they ride side by side. Seriously move over so the 20 cars that are now behind you can go!

    ReplyDelete